Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Finish Line

Well I know all of you nano writers out there are reaching for the finish line...growing tired....beginning to pant and longing to breathe at a regular pace. Maybe some of you unique writers don't find it too hard, but I can't imagine that. I have never tried it, but from reading some of your posts it does seem very challenging.
As for me, I've been struggling with getting my MG novel just right. It's a case of I thought it was done..revised and revised yet again. Query almost done but then...well...I decided to revise some more. I decided my beginning could be better and I did write a new first chapter that I have to say I love. So, I believe it was the right thing to do. (Hoping!)
The thing is, I don't want to send it out into the scary agent land until I feel it's as good as I can possibly make it. I would hate to be rejected only to feel that darn, if I'd only made that change I was thinking of. I feel I'm almost there and so while I'm not writing nano, I too feel I'm nearing the finish line...anxious and eager to complete it and be completed. :) Happy writing, and we will all have to share a virtual glass of champagne at the finish line!

3 comments:

  1. I'm just at the beginning of my new project so I'm not participating in NaNo either. I'm nearly to 20k though! That's excellent that you're so close to be finished. Power to you and happy writing! I'm getting that glass ready...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Curious what you're writing now?! I'm sure it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool that you're now in "love" with your first chapter. I need to seriously revise a couple manuscripts that have been gathering dust over the past year -- and the first chapters are in much need of repair.

    My students are NaNo novelists this year, but like you, I've got my own project-in-progress to keep me busy. I want to have the first draft finished before next year, so that means another 50K words by the end of December. I should be able to do it if I can average over 1K a day...

    Write1Sub1

    ReplyDelete